In 2015 Margaret achieved accreditation in Succession law and is one of only 45 accredited Succession law specialists in Queensland.
Margaret’s main areas of practice are:
- Disputes arising out of Wills and Estates including family provision claims;
- All aspects of Estate Planning including simple and complex Wills, Superannuation and Trusts;
- Appointment as an Independent Administrator or Litigation Guardian in Estate administrations and disputes;
- Executorship issues and Estate administrations;
- All aspects of Guardianship & Administration matters including applications to the Queensland Civil & Administrative Tribunal (QCAT);
- Intra-family matters such as co-residency arrangements, granny-flat agreements and reviews of Retirement Village and Residential Aged Care Agreements;
- Disputes arising out of Enduring Powers of Attorney and compensation claims for breach of duties.
Margaret is the Chair of the Health & Disability Committee of the Qld Law Society, and a member of the Qld Law Society’s Succession law Committee. Margaret is also a member of the Management Committee of the Caxton Legal Centre.