A lead advisor to private and publicly listed resources companies, government bodies and small explorers and producers within Australia and internationally
We offer an unparalleled understanding of the Australian mining, resources and projects sector to support the long-term prosperity of established global resources companies through to junior explorers.
Our clients include organisations across mining, mining services, oil and gas, energy and utilities, renewables, transport and infrastructure.
- Mining, resources and energy project developments
- Capital raisings, seed raisings, IPOs, secondary listings, placements, rights issues
- Mergers and acquisitions, sale and purchase of tenements and projects, takeovers and schemes of arrangement
- Joint venture, farmin/farmout and partnership agreements, royalties and tribute arrangements
- Mining services (underground and open cut), construction, drilling and supply contracts
- Offtake, mineral sales and infrastructure (port, road and rail) access arrangements
- Land tenure and property issues, third party tenure access disputes and arrangements and interaction with pastoral and farming interests
- Native title and cultural heritage
- Environmental issues, including EPA, approvals, licensing, enforcement, water, land clearing
- Corporate governance and advisory
- Workplace, employment, health and safety issues
- Intellectual property protection, commercialisation and disputes
HopgoodGanim participates in and contributes to key resources industry associations, including the Queensland Resources Council (QRC), the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA), the Association of Mining and Exploration Companies (AMEC) and the Resources and Energy Law Association (AMPLA).
HopgoodGanim is proud to have been ranked by Chambers Asia Pacific as a Leading Energy and Natural Resources Firm 2017 (Band 5).
HopgoodGanim is also proud to have been ranked as a Leading Energy and Resources Law Firm by Doyle's Guide 2017 (Queensland and Western Australia).