HG Title Services provides mining title management backed by a significant team of resources, energy and native title lawyers
HG Title Services is the mining title management business of the HopgoodGanim Group. We work with local and international miners and explorers to expertly manage their mining titles. Our experienced tenement management team are backed by a team of expert resources and native title lawyers and together, offer an unrivalled knowledge of the Australian mining, energy and natural resources sector.
Our clients enjoy direct access to our Senior Tenement Manager, who is further supported by a team of HopgoodGanim Group's administrative professionals and relevant technology, to ensure the cost effective and efficient management of their land tenure needs.
- Tenement applications, including initial advice on ground availability, tenure types and application compliance
- Tenement monitoring, compliance and reporting, including advice and assistance in dealing with regulatory agencies, action lists, rent/rate and expenditure report lodgement, expenditure exemptions, extensions and renewals, compulsory surrenders, royalty returns, Mining Rehabilitation Fund (MRF) report lodgement, combined reporting status applications and mineral exploration report lodgement
- Objection lodgements, assistance with administrative proceedings before the Mining Wardens
- Assistance with Native Title compliance and matters before the National Native Title Tribunal
- Tenement dealings, including transfers and caveats
- Ground monitoring
- Due diligence reports for project and tenure compliance
- Strategic advice on mining title issues and assistance in dealing with regulatory agencies
- Tenement related agreement monitoring and deadline reporting
- Direct access to escalate complex legal issues to a team of expert resources, energy and native title lawyers at HopgoodGanim Lawyers with whom we work collaboratively to provide a seamless client service
We understand that tenure is your most important asset – if you lose the ground, everything else doesn’t matter. We also understand that managing cashflow is vital and tenements can become another administrative burden. To help resources companies manage cashflow, HG Title Services has developed a range of fixed pricing options for ‘business as usual’ tenement management.
For a fixed price per tenement HG Title Services will:
- Maintain a database of tenement obligations and information
- Regularly scan and monitor MTO for changes
- Receive and process correspondence, including rents and rates notices and all DMIRS and third party correspondence
- Prepare obligations reports and issue reminder emails for upcoming deadlines
- Manage Form 5 lodgements
- Field and respond to unlimited queries in relation to own tenements
For the below additional actions that take more time and expertise but occur less frequently, we can also provide an additional fixed price per tenement:
- Extension of term
- Exemption from expenditure applications
- Submissions against DMIRS initiated forfeiture
- Mining Rehabilitation Fund and Mineral Exploration Report lodgement
Other matters such as Warden’s Court matters, applications, transactions and matters beyond the above scope would be charged separately at our competitive hourly rates.
The HopgoodGanim Group participates in and contributes to key resources industry associations, including the Association of Mining and Exploration Companies (AMEC), the Queensland Resources Council (QRC), the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA) and the Resources and Energy Law Association (AMPLA).
Part of the HopgoodGanim Group
HG Title Services is part of the HopgoodGanim Group and while it is a separate business and information is not shared with HopgoodGanim Lawyers unless requested, the service is backed by the expertise and resources of our legal team.