Exceptional advice delivered with emotional intelligence to help our clients make the best decisions at the start and end of their significant relationships
Our large team of family and relationship lawyers practice exclusively in this area of law and we are unrivalled in the expertise we offer our clients as they navigate the legal aspects of their most personal relationships.
The HopgoodGanim team includes eight Queensland Law Society Family Law Accredited Specialists, professionals who are formally trained in the practice of Collaborative Law, a nationally accredited mediator, two registered arbitrators and two Fellows of the International Academy of Family Lawyers.
The technical skills we offer are highly sought and highly regarded among clients needing support through sensitive, high-net-wealth and complex settlements. Our areas of advice cover the full spectrum of family and relationship law matters and our people have a reputation for helping their clients to be in the best possible place to move on with their lives.
Our lawyers are assisted by state-of-the-art technology, including our online induction that lets you find out where you stand in minutes, and get started on your matter in your own time and space.
- Divorce and relationship breakdowns – including court and non-court based dispute resolution, Family Court appeals, de facto relationships, domestic violence, international disputes, same sex relationships, separation and spousal maintenance.
- Property settlements – including advising high-net-wealth individuals and those with trusts, corporate entities and family businesses.
- Alternative conflict resolution in family law matters – including arbitration, mediation and collaborative law.
- Financial agreements – including structuring and planning prenuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements.
- Children’s issues – including adoption, child abuse, child support, grandparents’ rights and step-parents’ rights, interstate and international relocation, Hague Convention cases, parenting agreements, surrogacy, IVF and gender dysphoria cases.
- International matters – including assisting Australian expatriates living abroad, cross-border pre-nuptial agreements and property settlements and liaison with leading international family law practices in most jurisdictions with whom we enjoy close relationships.
HopgoodGanim is proudly ranked by Doyle's Guide as a Leading Family & Divorce Law Firm (First Tier) in Australia, 2016–2022.