Careful, considered and precise estate planning and succession advice to ensure family and business assets are transitioned as intended
Our Estate Planning and Succession team work closely with you and your other professional advisors to design your estate planning strategy and draft practical legal documentation for the smooth transition of your personal assets, as well as entities in which you may accumulate wealth, including companies, family trusts and superannuation. Our lawyers are assisted by state of the art technology, including our online induction that lets you begin your Will online in your own time and space. Watch videos featuring our team and keep reading for more on the services and support we can offer you.
Meet our Estates and Succession team at HopgoodGanim Lawyers
HopgoodGanim's Estates and Succession practice provides careful, considered and precise estate planning and succession advice to ensure family and business assets are transitioned as intended. You can get started with the team online today, and reach out to them if you have any legal enquiries about estate planning, estate administration, estate litigation and self-managed super funds.
Why get a Will, with Partner Brian Herd
Why get a Will and what is involved in a good Will? Partner Brian Herd, head of HopgoodGanim's Estates and Succession team, covers this topic in this short Q&A video for HopgoodGanim Lawyers. Reach out to Brian and the team today if you would like legal advice relating to an estates and succession matter, as well as if you'd like to get started with your Will today.
Elder abuse, with Partner Brian Herd
Partner Brian Herd from our Estates and Succession practice discusses elder abuse, an often underreported type of abuse that can include financial, physical and psychological abuse, as well as neglect. Reducing domestic and family violence, including elder abuse, is an area of focus in HopgoodGanim's Pro Bono impact strategy. If there is an immediate risk of harm to you to you or a victim of abuse, please call Triple Zero (000). You can also call the Elder Abuse Helpline on 1300 651 192 if within Queensland, or 07 3867 2525 if outside Queensland for free confidential advice, assistance and support. Please reach out to our team if you would like legal advice.
We design estate plans for our clients that include:
- Wills (including those with testamentary trusts)
- Enduring powers of attorney
- Superannuation binding death benefit nominations
- Protection strategies where there are potential claims against the estate
- Protective trusts for at risk or vulnerable beneficiaries
- Transferring control of trustees or trusts outside the estate
- Reviewing and advising on transfer of trading companies, family trusts and self-managed superannuation funds
- Specific advice regarding issues for blended families
- Specific advice regarding issues for rural family business
- Dealing with a loan to family or friends if it is not repaid or otherwise finalised prior to your death
- Binding death benefit nominations
- Death benefit payment documents
- Prepare or review documents to reflect a family or friends' loan to ensure it gives effect to your instructions
- Grants of probate
- Grants of letters of administration
- Routine and complex estate administration
- Advice on acting as an Executor or Administrator of an estate
- Family provision applications
- Grants of Administration in solemn form
- Construction applications
- Applications for and against personal representatives and QCAT applications
Self-managed superannuation funds
- Set up, operation and wind up of your SMSF
- SMSF advice and strategy
- Compliance advice including enforceable undertakings and rectification and breaches, estate planning strategies and solutions
- Advice and implementation of estate planning strategies, including reversionary pensions and binding death benefit nominations
- Superannuation and family law issues
HopgoodGanim is proudly ranked by Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Law Firm in Queensland 2017-2023 and Leading Estates Litigation Law Firm in Queensland 2017-2023.