Strategic, sophisticated legal advice to private and publicly listed resources companies and government bodies as well as smaller explorers and producers
Our knowledge of the Australian mining, energy and natural resources industries is extensive, having advised on some of the country’s most significant resources and public infrastructure projects. We have also participated in the development of legislation and policy from both an industry and government perspective.
- Mining, resources and energy developments, both exploration and production stage
- Oil and conventional and unconventional gas exploration and developments, including coal seam gas and tight or shale gas
- Petroleum, gas and water pipelines
- Rail, road, power and water projects
- Resources mergers and acquisitions, sale and purchase of tenements and projects, takeovers and schemes of arrangement
- Partnership, joint venture, split commodity, farmin/out, tribute and royalty, metals streaming, offtake and sales agreements
- Native title and cultural heritage
- EPC, construction, operation and management contracts
- Mining services (underground and open cut), drilling and supply contracts
- Environmental issues, including EPA, approvals, licensing, enforcement and biodiversity offsets
- Title and tenement management services including tenement applications
- Resources and energy disputes including an extensive practice in both the Western Australian Wardens' Court and Queensland Land Court
- Land tenure and property issues, third party tenure access disputes and arrangements, including interaction with pastoral and farming interests
HopgoodGanim participates in and contributes to key resources industry associations, including the Queensland Resources Council (QRC), the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA), the Association of Mining and Exploration Companies (AMEC) and the Resources and Energy Law Association (AMPLA).
HopgoodGanim is proud to have been ranked by Chambers Asia Pacific as a Leading Firm in Australia for Energy and Natural Resources (Band 5) 2016-2020.
HopgoodGanim is also proud to have been ranked by Dolye's Guide as a Leading Energy and Resources Law Firm in Queensland, 2016-2018 and Western Australia, 2017-2020.
HG Title Services
HG Title Services is the mining title management business of the HopgoodGanim Group. We work with local and international miners and explorers to expertly manage their mining titles.