Data privacy and information governance are taking on even greater importance in our digital economy
As Australian and international laws try to keep pace with emerging technologies and business methods, organisations need to understand their evolving regulatory obligations and stakeholder expectations, and how to meet them in the markets in which they operate.
We assist businesses and government agencies to navigate data and privacy issues. These include local and international compliance obligations, data security in cloud and outsourcing arrangements, information governance and risk policies, and preparing for and responding to data breaches.
- Preparing privacy policies and compliance documents
- Guidance on privacy compliance obligations for local and foreign companies operating in Australia, and for Australian exporters and services providers operating in overseas markets including the European Union
- Information governance and risk management
- Cyber incident response: prevention, detection and protection services; data incident assessment, response and management services
- Preparing data breach statements to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- Data breach remediation
- Responding to privacy complaints and access to information requests
- Cyber insurance reviews and incident claims
HopgoodGanim was proudly ranked by Doyle's Guide as a Leading Technology, Media & Telecommunications Law Firm in Queensland, 2017-2020.