Expert advice on environmental approvals, constraints, compliance and enforcement to keep projects moving forward
Our experience includes advising on the full spectrum of environmental issues that arise throughout a development or project, from approval requirements for environmentally relevant activities and environmental constraints advice, through to defending environmental prosecutions. Our legal experts are regularly called on to undertake environmental due diligence for small and large property development, resources and infrastructure projects, and have extensive experience advising on the early identification of environmental issues.
- Environmental impact assessment, environmental approvals, compliance and enforcement issues
- Environmental advice and constraints - including ESD, climate change policy, flooding, vegetation, koala management, coastal protection and built heritage
- Environmental due diligence investigations for large property and corporate transactions
- Planning and Environment Court litigation
- Contaminated land issues
- Waste disposal and waste projects
We enjoy longstanding relationships with industry bodies including the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ), the Queensland Environmental Law Association (QELA) and the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA). Our team hold senior positions on various UDIA committees in Queensland, where they are responsible for the preparation of policy papers for, and submissions on, key pieces of legislative reform and policy in the environmental arena, including koala conservation, the State Coastal Management Plan (Qld), and planning reform, which has shaped a number of pieces of environmental legislation and policy.
HopgoodGanim was proudly ranked by Doyle's Guide as a Leading Environment & Heritage Law Firm in Queensland, 2015, 2017-2020. HopgoodGanim is also proud to have been ranked by Chambers Asia Pacific as a Leading Environment and Planning (Band 3) law firm 2018-2019.