Expert advice in the delivery of construction projects, all forms of contracting, procurement and dispute resolution
Our legal experts advise on the full spectrum of construction, procurement and contracting matters, with expertise in all aspects of infrastructure development, including planning and environment, finance, native title, property, occupational health and safety, and dispute resolution.
We work with proponents, smaller subcontracting businesses and larger project consortia participants to help them understand the legal options associated with their project from start to finish, minimising the potential for costly and avoidable disputes.
We advise across the full suite of delivery models, including Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), Early Contractor Involvement (ECI), Alliances, Design and Construct (D&C), Build Own Operate Transfer (BOOT), Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) and more.
- Procurement and tendering strategies
- Project planning and due diligence
- Certification processes
- Consortium agreements
- Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (BIF Act) (formerly, Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 or BCIPA)
- Contracts, including pre-contract documents such as heads of agreement, memoranda of understanding, EPC, construction, operation and management
- Construction contract delivery models, including ECI, alliance, PPP, D&C, DCM and DCOM
- Construction exit strategies
- Construction-related dispute resolution
- HopgoodGanim was proudly ranked by Doyle's Guide in their Leading Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Law Firms – Queensland, 2021- 2023 rankings.