Detailed and astute advice to support the development and operation of manufactured home parks and land lease communities
Home owner demand and potential attractive returns for park owners are driving increasing interest from established and new operators in the development and operation of manufactured home parks across Australia; whether that be a park with basic amenities or those with luxury resort-style facilities.
Our expert team provides detailed and commercial advice to all stakeholders in the sector (including park owners and managers, landowners and industry representative bodies) on the legalities of developing, owning and operating a caravan/tourist park or a manufactured home park. With a sophisticated understanding of property market trends in Queensland and across Australia, we provide tailored commercial advice to help you not only run your park, but also build a strong, successful business.
- Drafting site agreements and park rules
- Drafting contracts for the sale of manufactured homes
- Implementing site rent increases
- Recovering utility costs
- Drafting agreements to comply with competition and consumer protection laws
- Planning, development and environmental compliance and dispute resolution
- Buying and selling caravan/tourist parks and manufactured home parks
- Litigation and dispute resolution for disputes with regulatory authorities, homeowners and tenants
- Infringement matters the subject of an investigation by the Residential Services Unit
- Tax obligations and exemptions, including obtaining exemptions under the Land Tax Act
- Employment law, including age discrimination exemptions
- Estate planning and business succession issues for park owners
We have been members and supporters of Caravanning Queensland for many years and proudly advise many Caravan Park owners throughout Queensland. HopgoodGanim has sponsored the annual CPAQ State Conference.
We are proud of our longstanding relationship with the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA). Our team holds various UDIA committee positions, including the UDIA Queensland Seniors Living and Residential Care Committee. We are also a corporate member of the Property Council of Australia.
HopgoodGanim was proudly ranked by Doyle's Guide as a Leading Property & Real Estate Law Firm in Queensland, 2018-2022 and Western Australia, 2019-2020.