Strategic advice to support the sustainable growth and development of livestock and fresh produce companies
We work with our clients on strategic issues such as acquisitions and divestments of significant assets, family business succession, joint ventures, protecting intellectual property assets, corporate and tax structuring and resolving large-scale disputes. We also assist in helping to solve operational challenges around employment arrangements, health and safety, property matters and negotiating contracts.
Our clients include primary producers, food wholesalers and local and international investors in the sector.
- Preparing and advising on key commercial contracts that are critical to operations, such as supply agreements, joint venture agreements and strategic alliance agreements
- Business structuring both generally and specifically in the context of acquisitions or significant asset disposals
- Mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures
- Property asset disposals and acquisitions
- Taxation and revenue
- Intellectual property and patents
- Investment opportunities and finance, including international investment and FIRB approval
- Impacts of the Australian Government’s climate change initiatives
- Employment and workplace health and safety matters
- Insurance and workers' compensation
- Planning and environmental matters
- Reporting and regulatory obligations
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Competition and trade practices
- Farm debt mediation
- Sale and purchase of livestock, permits and machinery associated with the change of ownership of pastoral land
- Water rights
HopgoodGanim is proudly recommended by Doyle's Guide as a Leading Agribusiness Law Firm in 2017 - 2019 (Queensland) and 2018 (Western Australia).